Here are the highlights of the history of the Antioch School of Church Planting and Leadership Development:
- In 1972 Jeff Reed sought to develop his ministry gifts in the context of a local church ministry.
- In 1975 Reed was commissioned by the elders of Ontario Bible Church (formerly Ontario Baptist Church, then Oakwood Road Church, now CityChurch of Ames-Des Moines) to develop resources that would allow others in the church to go through a similar process of being equipped for ministry that would be similar to his experience.
- In 1986 BILD International (Biblical Institute of Leadership Development) was formalized to advance the philosophy of church-based theological education, provide resources to support church-based theological education efforts, and help network individuals and organizations doing church-based theological education.
- In 2006 the Antioch School of Church Planting and Leadership Development (hereafter called “Antioch School”) was established.
- In 2010, the Antioch School received its initial accreditation.
For more information, see the Handbook pages 7 to 8.